Zucchini Burger Recipe
This delicious meat free burger will please carnivores and vegetarians alike. Adapted from a Food and Wine recipe.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 burgers
- 3 pounds zucchini and/or summer squash
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 Tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 bunch Italian parsley
- 2 cups panko
- 4 burger buns of your choice
- 1 tomato
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 8 oz. plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 bunch dill
- pinch fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch thick rounds and toss with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. Roast until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes. Flip once during cooking.
Mince garlic. Combine with paprikas, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
Let zucchini cool to room temperature, and place in a food processor. Add garlic/spices/salt mixture and pulse until a paste is formed. Transfer to a large bowl.
Mince parsley and add to bowl, and add panko. Mix gently.
Form into four 4-inch burgers that are about 1 inch thick. Refrigerate for one hour.
In a cast iron pan or on a griddle, heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Cook burger 5-7 minutes per side, until heated through.
Serve zucchini burgers with your favorite fixins'. For the 5-minute tzatziki, grate the cucumber and garlic into the yogurt. Mince dill and add to the mixture, along with salt. Smother on top of the burger.