Weeknight Roasted Chicken Recipe
A flavorful quick-cooking option for a weeknight dinner. Leftovers are terrific for sandwiches and salads.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound baby potatoes or larger, cut into 1-2" chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 pounds bone-in, skin-on
Pull chicken out from refrigerator 30 minutes-1 hour before cooking.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Mix together spices and salt with olive oil in a small bowl.
In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with 1 Tablespoon of the spice/olive oil mixture. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. In the same bowl, toss chicken thighs with the remaining spice/olive oil mixture and place on baking sheet with potatoes.
Bake until potatoes are fork tender and chicken is cooked through (reaches 165°F), about 30 minutes. Bone-in chicken will take about 10 minutes longer to cook.
Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and any fresh herbs you have on hand.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 1031mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 5.7% | Vitamin C: 27.1% | Calcium: 3.3% | Iron: 14.4%