Mayo Free Tuna Salad Recipe
Extra virgin olive oil, fresh lemon juice, crunchy celery, and a touch of scallions and fresh herbs are combined together for a simple, refreshing, satisfying, and nutritious meal.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 5 oz. cans Wild Planet tuna, DO NOT DRAIN
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped sweet gherkins or capers
- 1 large scallion
- 1 large stalk celery
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 6 grinds black pepper
In a medium sized bowl, combine tuna with all other ingredients. Mix together thoroughly, flaking the tuna into smaller pieces with a fork as you stir.
Serve with your favorite crackers or chopped fresh veggies.
Calories: 175kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 209mg | Vitamin A: 5.8% | Vitamin C: 7.8% | Calcium: 2.8% | Iron: 9.5%