Weeknight Roasted Chicken Recipe
This a weeknight roasted chicken recipe is quick cooking and full of flavor. Chicken thighs and baby potatoes are rubbed with a Mediterranean blend of spices and olive oil. The aroma leaves the house smelling incredible and your mouth watering.
Mediterranean Meal Plans
Receive this and other delicious recipes in Mediterranean Meal Plans perfect for getting dinner on the table on busy weeknights. Sign up and learn more here.
A flavorful quick-cooking option for a weeknight dinner. Leftovers are terrific for sandwiches and salads.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound baby potatoes or larger, cut into 1-2" chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 pounds bone-in, skin-on
Pull chicken out from refrigerator 30 minutes-1 hour before cooking.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Mix together spices and salt with olive oil in a small bowl.
In a medium bowl, toss potatoes with 1 Tablespoon of the spice/olive oil mixture. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. In the same bowl, toss chicken thighs with the remaining spice/olive oil mixture and place on baking sheet with potatoes.
Bake until potatoes are fork tender and chicken is cooked through (reaches 165°F), about 30 minutes. Bone-in chicken will take about 10 minutes longer to cook.
Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and any fresh herbs you have on hand.