Potato Salad with Tangy Cilantro Dressing
This homemade potato salad with cilantro scallion dressing couldn’t be any easier to make. The delicious 4-ingredient cilantro scallion dressing is really the star here.
Best Potato Salad Recipe
When you’re looking for a twist on the classic potato salad, make this. I love throwing fresh herbs in with otherwise bland ingredients, such as in these roasted fingerling potatoes. If you want to up the protein content of the salad, try adding chickpeas, or hard-boiled egg. An ample amount of white wine vinegar makes this homemade potato salad nice and tangy. I prefer a vinegar based potato salad as opposed to a typical mayonnaise based one, and it’s also a better option to bring to a picnic, as you don’t have to worry about the mayonnaise spoiling in warm weather. Use a waxy potato that will hold together better when cooked, so that you have separate chunks of potato, rather than potato mash in the finished salad.
How to Meal Plan
Serve this potato salad recipe with Cast Iron Steak with Mustard and Smoked Paprika. One of my favorite times to eat potatoes is at breakfast, with eggs. Or make them as part of a veggie feast, with Turkish-style Cauliflower Rice Pilaf and Red Lentil Soup with Curry Powder and Spinach.
Tangy Potato Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- 2 pounds potatoes*
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
Cilantro Scallion Dressing
- 5 scallions
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut potatoes and half and boil with 1 teaspoon fine sea salt until just cooked through. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the scallions so you have about 1 heaping cup. Roughly chop cilantro (both stems and leaves, you'll have about 1 cup). Add cilantro to blender along with scallions, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel if desired and cut into large bite-sized pieces. Combine with dressing and mix well. Serve immediately or hold overnight for more flavor. You will have leftover dressing.