Spanish-Style Tuna Kebabs (Pinchos Morunos)
When the weather turns warm, turn to dishes that are easy to make and aren’t too heavy to eat. Although these are typically made with pork, using tuna allows for shorter marinating time.
- 1 Tablespoon Pimenton spice blend
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 pound tuna steaks
- In a medium bowl, combine Pimenton spice blend with the zest of the lemon, olive oil, and salt.
- Cut the tuna steaks into 1-inch cubes and add to the bowl. Toss and refrigerate to marinate anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Thirty minutes before cooking, remove marinated tuna from the fridge so it comes to room temperature. Thread the tuna cubes onto skewers. Cook over medium-high heat on a preheated well-oiled grill or in a frying pan. Cook the tuna skewers for about 2 minutes, rotating every 30 seconds or so. Remove from pan and serve alongside cut lemon wedges.