Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad Recipe with Fresh Herbs
This roasted fingerling potato salad recipe with fresh herbs and lemon zest is a simple dish to pull together when you’re staring at an empty pantry and a few random ingredients in the fridge.
Fingerling potatoes are one of 200 types of potatoes sold in the United States. A fingerling potato is small and stubby when fully grown, and are great for quick dishes since very little cutting is necessary. Just rinse and cook them whole in 25 minutes. Fingerling potatoes are waxy potatoes, meaning they hold their shape when cooked, and are ideal for roasting, baking, and boiling.
Recipes for Dinner
Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad Recipe with Fresh Herbs and Lemon Zest
- 1 bunch fresh herbs (I used Italian parsley, mint, and chives)
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, small to medium size
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mince 1/3-1/2 cup fresh herbs.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes with olive oil and sea salt. Toss to coat potatoes.
- Roast potatoes in hot oven until fork tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Toss with fresh herbs and lemon zest.
- Leave at room temperature or refrigerate until ready to eat.