Lamb Chops Recipe with Pistachio Gremolata
If you’re wondering how to cook lamb chops, this is a perfect starter recipe for you. Rub lamb chops with a simple spice blend and olive oil, and serve alongside an easy-to-make gremolata. This decadent meal will become a weeknight go-to for an easy healthy dinner.
Choosing Lamb Chops
There are few things to consider when picking out lamb chops when you’ve decided you want to learn how to cook lamb chops. This recipe uses lamb loin chops, which come from lamb’s back. If you need to substitute lamb rib chops, you might need more per serving. Grass-fed and finished is always a better choice, you can read about why here.
What is Gremolata?
Gremolata is a traditional Italian condiment made from parsley, garlic, and lemon zest. This recipe adds pistachios and mint for a decadent tasting, yet incredibly simple recipe. Serve the lamb chops with the gremolata on the side or already scattered on top for an impressive presentation.
Healthy Dinner Recipes
Serve lamb chops with pistachio gremolata alongside Arugula and Apple Salad for a delicious hearty meal.
Lamb Chops with Pistachio Gremolata
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 4 oz. lamb loin chops
For Pistachio Gremolata
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine olive oil, salt and spices, and rub all over both sides of lamb chops. This can be done up to 24 hours in advance.
- Semi-finely chop pistachios, parsley and mint leaves. Zest lemon. Peel garlic and grate on microplane. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl with sea salt and olive oil.
- Pull lamb from refrigerator 30 minutes-1 hour before cooking. Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, cook lamb chops, 4 minutes per side. Use a thermometer to check for desired doneness: 145°F for medium rare, 160°F for medium.
- Let meat rest 10 minutes before serving, and serve alongside pistachio gremolata.