Garlic and Lemon Zest Shrimp Recipe
This easy shrimp recipe, with a 15-minute garlic and lemon zest marinade, is a delicious solution for a fast weeknight dinner.
I like to check Seafood Watch for recommendations on which shrimp are the best to buy. I love this easy shrimp recipe, as it is so quick to make, and pairs well with store-bought foods such as olives, marinated artichoke hearts, cheese, and wine, to make a simple dinner perfect for hot weather. These shrimp can be broiled, grilled, or cooked stove-top, for a dinner ready in under 30 minutes.
My Favorite Kitchen Tool
This recipe utilizes one of my favorite must-have cooking tools, the microplane zester, for making lemon zest, AND, for my favorite hack, mincing garlic. The microplane creates finely minced garlic perfect for use in many recipe, and clean-up is so easy! No garlic-press cleaning, no trying to get the garlic small enough with your knife, just grate garlic cloves directly over the bowl, and it’s done!
Garlic and Lemon Zest Shrimp RecipePrint Pin Rate
- Clean and devein shrimp, if necessary. Mince garlic. Zest lemons, then cut into wedges.
- Preheat broiler to high. Toss shrimp in a bowl with garlic, lemon zest, smoked and sweet paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and oil. Mix well so that shrimp are coated with mixture.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. (This is totally an optional step, but it increases the flavor of the final dish. I find it to be a good time to make a salad, pull out the olives and bread and cheese, or pour yourself a glass of wine.)
- Pour shrimp and marinade onto a baking sheet or in a cast iron pan. Broil for 7 minutes, or until pink and done inside. Remember the shrimp will continue to cook once out of the oven, so cook them until they JUST turn pink.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges. If there are leftovers, they are terrific the next day, served cold over a salad.