Garlic and Lemon Zest Shrimp Recipe
This easy shrimp recipe, with a 15-minute garlic and lemon zest marinade, is a delicious solution for a fast weeknight dinner.
A Perfect Easy Dinner
I love shrimp because is so quick to cook, and tastes delicious! I loving pairing the finished dish with olives, marinated artichoke hearts, cheese, and wine for a simple tapas-style dinner. The shrimp can be broiled, grilled, or cooked stove-top. I check Seafood Watch for recommendations on which shrimp are the best to buy.
My Favorite Kitchen Tool
One of my favorite must-have cooking tools, is the microplane zester. I use it to zest lemons, AND, for my favorite hack, mincing garlic. The microplane creates a garlic paste perfect for use in many recipes, and clean-up is so easy! No garlic-press cleaning, and no endless garlic mincing. Just grate the garlic cloves directly over the bowl, and it’s done!
Garlic and Lemon Zest Shrimp RecipePrint Pin Rate
- Clean and devein shrimp, if necessary. Mince garlic. Zest lemons, then cut into wedges.
- Preheat broiler to high. Toss shrimp in a bowl with garlic, lemon zest, smoked and sweet paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, and oil. Mix well so that shrimp are coated with mixture.
- Set aside for 15 minutes. (This is totally an optional step, but it increases the flavor of the final dish. I find it to be a good time to make a salad, pull out the olives and bread and cheese, or pour yourself a glass of wine.)
- Pour shrimp and marinade onto a baking sheet or in a cast iron pan. Broil for 7 minutes, or until pink and done inside. Remember the shrimp will continue to cook once out of the oven, so cook them until they JUST turn pink.
- Serve immediately, garnished with lemon wedges. If there are leftovers, they are terrific the next day, served cold over a salad.