Cozy Cinnamon Tea
This warming cinnamon tea is adapted from the cookbook Istanbul and Beyond by Robyn Eckhardt. It does double duty as delicious tea and house air freshener, as your house will smell amazing when you make it.
This is a great to tea to make when you feel a cold coming on, or just want something delicious to drink.
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 2-inch piece fresh turmeric
- 10 black peppercorns
- 3 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 5 cups water
- Thinly slice ginger and turmeric roots into 8-12 pieces each.
- Place in a small saucepan with other ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain tea into individual cups and serve. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or lemon wedges if desired.